Geothermal heating and cooling is not a recent innovation and has been used for thousands of years. Ancient Romans used naturally occurring hot springs to heat their famous public baths and, even farther back, Native Americans used geothermal heat for cooking. With the latest technology, you don’t have to be near hot springs to take advantage of this highly efficient method of keeping your home or business at a comfortable temperature.
Temp Engineering in Pembroke Pines offers a variety of options when it comes to geothermal HVAC systems. Our expert technicians are ready to design and install the latest in geothermal technology to help keep you and your families comfortable all year long.
Have you noticed a loss of efficiency in your HVAC system? Our ductwork services can help you restore lost performance.
What is a Geothermal Heating and Cooling System?
The geothermal heating and cooling system is an environmentally friendly central air conditioning system that uses the steady underground temperature to heat or cool a home or business depending on the season. The temperature below the ground is around a constant 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Conducting fluid moves through underground pipes and either gives or receives heat in order to heat a house in the winter and cool it in the warmer months.
Benefits of a Geothermal System
While the initial cost and installation may seem intimidating, the benefits by far outweigh these small disadvantages. Geothermal heating and cooling ticks all the boxes of the conscientious home or business owner, looking for environmentally-friendly and money-saving benefits in one package.
- Ecological: Because this system uses the stationary temperature of the earth itself, without any sort of fuel, the geothermal heating and cooling system is very friendly to the environment. There are no harmful byproducts because there is no fuel to burn. It is the very definition of a renewable resource.
- Economical: Geothermal systems are easy on the utility budget. Because they use renewable energy, they do not require as much energy to run. They also last longer than comparable traditional systems.
- Practical: Geothermal heating and cooling are viable in almost any climate or environment. While the initial outlay can be expensive, the system is an excellent investment.
Common Geothermal System Repairs
Even a system as efficient and ecologically sound as the geothermal system is subject to the destructive force of entropy. There are several common maintenance and repair issues that can arise with these systems. The technicians at Temp Engineering are equipped to handle these issues with minimal disruption to you.
- Scale Build-up: This is a common issue if water is used for the purposes of heat transfer within the geothermal system. Hard water, or water with a high concentration of minerals, can leave calcified deposits on the inside of the ground loop and on the heat pump itself. Cleaning the scale is a simple process of sending an acid wash through the system.
- Heat Pump Malfunction: As with any other machine, despite the best upkeep, parts wear out and need to be replaced. This is usually the problem that comes up. The fan may need replacing, there may be a coolant leak or some other issue, but rest assured that our technicians will be up to the task.
- Leaks in the Pipe System: A leak in the ground loop of a geothermal air conditioning system will affect the efficiency and effectiveness of the heating and cooling, and can cause further issues with the heat pump. Finding such a leak is not so drastic as digging up an entire yard. Our technicians can use a dye to detect the location of the leak with pinpoint accuracy and there will be no more disruption of your landscaping than absolutely necessary.
No matter what system you have in your home, you can always count on our heating contractors for reliable heating repair service.
Why Work With Us?
At Temp Engineering, we understand the value of experience and integrity. We have been in business for over 40 years as a family-owned company. All of our technicians are highly qualified and have been given full background checks for our customer’s peace of mind. We stand by our upfront pricing, so you will never have to wonder what the bill will be. Our professional technicians are trained in the newest technology so they will be able to assist you in making informed decisions about your HVAC system.